Job Title: Senior Associate
Reports To: Managing Partner
Direct Reports: Legal Assistants, Pupils
Mukele Moni and Company Advocates is looking for an advocate to join their team. The advocate will play a key role in the growth of the firm in Kenya and the region. We are looking for a competent, diligent and collaborative legal practitioner who is able to effectively articulate legal issues. The Advocate will partner with the legal team in Nairobi and Kakamega and will work closely with the Managing Partner.
• Draft and review of legal documents;
• Provide legal opinions and advice on different any areas of the law;
• Review legislation;
• Consult with clients and counsel;
• Provide high quality legal service to all clients;
• Conduct negotiations with a view to settling potentially litigious matters;
• Increase revenue through achieving fee targets and time targets;
• Research diverse issues to ensure accuracy of opinions and advice;
• Keep abreast of changes in law;
• Handle requests for legal advice from existing and potential clients as appropriate;
• Source/ attract business from new and existing clients;
• Ensure safe custody of the firms’ instruments and documents.
• Ensure confidentiality and privacy of all legal documents and data of the firm.
• Participate in the training and sensitization of clients on different areas of law.
• At least 5–8 years’ post admission experience;
Mukele Moni and Company Advocates
Job Profile for Advocate Litigation
• Bachelor of Laws (L.L.B) degree from a recognized university;
• Post Graduate Diploma from the Kenya School of Law;
• Certificate of Admission to the Roll of Advocates of the High Court of Kenya;
• Current Practicing Certificate.
• Post graduate degree from a recognized university will be an added advantage.
• Effective and efficient representation of clients in legal proceedings;
• Knowledge of the rules and procedures of the court, tribunals and administrative bodies;
• Excellent research, analytical and presentation skills;
• Ability to handle confidential information in a sensitive and tactful manner;
• Willingness to engage in professional development activities in order to develop and improve current skills and to adapt to the evolving needs of the firm;
• Proactivity, passion, innovation, ambition, motivated, and result–oriented.
• Work with minimum supervision.
Remuneration – Competitive pay based on skills and experience.
Qualified applicants should send their cover letter together with a detailed Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org to be received not later than 11.59 pm on Sunday 23rd day of January 2022. Those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for an interview.